Sunday, March 2, 2008

5k day, yea it was a success.

my goal to run 3.2 miles was 1 hr.
yea i know people can do 3 miles in like 10 minutes.
but i can't.
i SPANKED my 1 hr goal by 20 minutes.
it felt amazing.
and even though i think i passed 2 people and was passed by like 68 people, it felt sweet to start and finish and blow my goal out of the water.
kate was excited about the people handing out the water cups as you ran by..... and let me tell you it IS exciting to run by and grab a cup and toss it aside.
that just may be the best part.
i wanted to throw it over my whole head but i had headphones on.
i support 5k's.
and i will wear this free t shirt everyday of my life.
well, to the gym and when i run, and the next 5k we do.
and maybe to bed.

3 comments:

BrookeLynn said...

Good for you Kat. That is awesome that you beat your goal. Keep up the good work. Love you

JoDee said...

You are a rock star! (This is JoDee - sneaked your link from Kate's...) Anyway, I think I may try the next round with you guys. You've inspired me to try to overcome my detest for running. Plus, I can't miss out on smashing cups on forheads ...

Kiki's Musings said...

The words 5K make me want to lay on the couch and turn on the tele....my body just won't let me do it, nope, not a chance! That pic you sent me of kaleb the other day is the cutest one I think so far...wait, it might tie with the one where he is reading on the floor...KISS HIM FOR ME...EAT HIS FACE!