Tuesday, July 22, 2008

twilight series. g-a-y.

so i bought and read the first 3 books of this series, last summer.
and let me tell you, NOT IMPRESSED.
i read all of them within like a month.
im so sorry but stephanie myers is not a great writer.
she is very repeditive, a lil bit predictable, and sooooooo tedious.
like i always got to the point where i wanted to skip like 3 chapters cuz it was going soooooooooooooooooooo sloooooooooooooooooow.
and yea we know, we know, bella is a clutz blah blah blah.
edward has icy skin blah blah blah,
jacob has a ridiculously high body temperapture blah blah blah,
she gets sick when she rides on his back,we KNOW, WE KNOW!
edward and bella have a horribly unhealthy relationship.
you cannot give everything you are,everything you love, up for a "guy".(read "guy" w total disgust)
the only thing they have is love, that is it. (and maybe an animal like attraction, that's hot but that they CAN'T EVEN ACT ON!)
if the theory that edward will turn human is correct, well holy crap what a disapointment. (that's where the stephanie myers is too predictable comes in)
she needs to be w jacob and make fat lil werewolve cub babies.
oh, and the whole "imprinting" thing, seriously how freaking lame.
like, maybe the girls they are supposed to be w should be born w like a small "paw" shaped birthmark on there left shoulder blade or something.
really, imprinting? come on.
just the word is "suggestive" wink, wink.
and why do people FREAK out when you say that the books aren't that amazing, or that edward and bella are an unhealthy couple.
aren't most highschool relationships that way?
i guess when you have your trashy mom too base relationships on thats the way it goes.
edward, is like the dysfunctional drug addict boyfriend, who is "really trying" to clean his life up for his girl, but things just keep happening.
the drama will NEVER go away bella, NEVER!
becoming a vampire won't solve all her relationship problems, neither will/does getting married.
anyways, i guess what im really upset about is that now that i have bought and read the first 3, i have to buy and read the new one.
freaking crap.
and no, i will not be waiting in line at midnight dressed as a vampire, waiting for the new book.

and YES i will see the freaking movie!! (hopefully the screenwrite is better then the book.)

7 comments:

goldfixe said...

THANK YOU!!! I've never even read the books but I hate them. My wife has read all 3 a minimum of 6 times. And of course she absolutely loves them. The stories are getting old to me. And "imprinting"? When kristi told me about that I automatically asked her if that's how baby vampires are made.

Rest assured I will never read those books. I will, however, have to go see the movie with her. I have pretty low expectations for it so hopefully I won't be terribly disappointed. We'll see.

nadia shea said...

my new secretary has worked here a total of 7 days. In the first 5, she read book #1. This week she is well into book #2. Anything that is that addicting is intriguing to me. But I feel that anything that has been talked up to the magnitute of the Twilight series has to be a let down.

BrookeLynn said...

You have no idea what you are missing out on. You people are crazy.

Ashley said...

I love the books but the relationship with Edward is so dysfunctional. I loved your recovering drug addict part, that is exactly what their relationship is like.

Brittney said...

hahahaha, I will not read these books. I have seen enough reviews like yours to never ever pick one up. All my friends think I am nuts. I had never even heard of them until about a month ago. I am so in the loop don't ya think?

Kevin & Rhiannon said...

Hey, it's your cousin Rhiannon. Holy cow, I read the first book and barely got through it. I actually gave it away because I didn't want it in my sight anymore. Gag me. Those books are way too corny.

Cindi said...

I love your review, Kat. Hilarious. All my friends insisted that I read it. I read the first one and HATED it. So stupid. The other day a radio station was reading the "Husband's Cliff Notes to Twilight". I was laughing my butt off in the car. So funny!